Ultrasound technician schools play an important role in the development of the younger generation who are interested to pursue a sonography career. In order to have the high standard of formal education, which is required from the students to be qualified and have quality in their work, students must be responsible in looking for not only the right but also the best schools. Since the criteria or consideration in looking or searching for the best school is difficult to find out, students must be aware that the school’s accreditation from the certified accrediting bureau is one of the good criteria in considering which school is the best. With CAAHEP accredited programs, the students are guaranteed to receive the standard of education implemented and checked by the bureau. Included in this article are the ultrasound tech schools in Ohio which offer accredited education.
The schools mentioned below are CAAHEP accredited schools which can provide the formal education needed for the students in order to learn the skills and master the different techniques and principles of ultrasound sonography. Completion of the formal education is among the most important requirements in Ohio.
Here is a list of the schools which are considered among the best schools because they offer accredited education. Please note that the order is randomly posed.
- Central Ohio Technical College-Newark, Ohio
- Cincinnati State Technical Community College – Cincinnati, Ohio
- Collins Career Center – Chesapeake – Chesapeake, Ohio
- Owens Community College – Toledo, Ohio
- Lorain County Community College – Elyria, Ohio
- Sanford Brown College-Middleburg Heights – Middleburg Heights, Ohio
- University of Rio Grande / Rio Grande Community College – Rio Grande, Ohio Cuyahoga Community College – Parma, Ohio
- Kettering College of Medical Arts – Kettering, Ohio
- Mercy Medical Center-Canton – Canton, Ohio
The job outlook for medical sonographers in Ohio is good. The US Bureau of Labor Statistics reported that employment growth will be 19% for the field of ultrasound technology from 2008 to 2016. This is a good percentage in order to sustain the different employment irregularities in the ultrasound field. Aside from different employment opportunities, the ultrasound technician salary in Ohio is competitive. The average salary is from $15,000 to $60,000 per year while for the hourly wage; it can start from $17.51 to $33.11.
Deciding to pursue medical sonography career in any of the ultrasound technician schools in Ohio is a wise decision to make since the ultrasound profession is highly in demand today in the medicine industry.
Leave a Reply